Dark Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild story

Go down

Guild story Empty Guild story

Post  Lethorius Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm

The morning fog was thicker than usually. Zéowyn felt the chills the cold night had brought with it. She mumbled a few ancient words and released the spell. A pale fading orange light embraced and warmed her. She continued on her path and soon found the plant she was searching for. She cut a leaf from it, folded her hands and crushed the it and the scent of the leaf filled the air. From her pouch she pulled out a dusty old book with gold letters spelling out “Shadow and Light”. Zéowyn found the book in her old masters library and soon learned even the most difficult spells the book held. She had always been a fast learner and by mastering these spells she quickly became more powerful than her teacher. The rumours of her unique abilities quickly spread and people from all across Azeroth came to her hoping to be cured from the most horrible diseases and curses that no other healers seemed to be capable of curing. Rumours even said that she could bring fallen soldiers back to life and if she were to join either side of the war between the alliance and the horde, she could be one of the deciding factors. Zéowyn however, did not care for the war and found it pointless, but whenever someone sought her out for help, she would aid them regardless of faction and past deeds.

In time her master, a night elf named Crale, discovered that his student had become more powerful than he could ever hope to become. This frustrated and enraged him and eventually made him lust for the powers Zéowyn possed. Crale tried to force her to do his bidding and teach him everything she knew, though Crale was mainly interested in the darker and destructive spells she had learned over the years. Zéowyn fled from her old master and settled down in Golakka Hot Springs in Un’goro crater, far away from civilization. Here she build a camp and a small hut and lived in peace for many years.

Blinded by his lust for power, Crale eventually sought help from three different orc clans, claiming that Zéowyn was a threat to the horde and by capturing her, they could learn to use her powers and gain a great advantage over the alliance in battle. He managed to convince the orcs to help him and with the orcs on his side Crale set out to find Zéowyn…

As Zéowyn kneeled before the plant, her hair covered her eyes. She stroke the red hair back to gain sight again and with a swift move she cut the plant from its roots. The old knife was still sharp like her wits, only her wrinkles and the grey stripes in her hair revealed her age. The birds started singing as the sun was rising and Zéowyn stopped for a moment to enjoy the sight of the morning sun and the beautiful songs from the birds. A small bird flew down and sat on her finger singing happily. She fed the bird with a few seeds and soon a flock of birds surrounded her. Zéowyn closed her eyes for a brief moment and suddenly felt a change in the air. ”Fly away my friends” she whispered. ”Fly now”. The birds took off immediately and soon an uncomfortable silence dominated the area. Then shortly after the ground started shaking, very softly at first. Soon after the shakes became more powerful and out of the fog an orc riding a giant beast showed himself. Zéowyns eyes filled up with rage. She knew she would be found eventually, but she had always hoped that Crale had given up. She raised her arms towards the sky and green energy waves twirled around her arms, and when she channelled the spell towards the beast, roots rose from the earth and caught the beast in an iron grip. The rider flew off, hit the ground and rolled a few meters before he finally managed to stop. Dizzy and disoriented he pulled his heavy two hand sword, but as he did it was torn out of his hands and he was lifted from the ground. He flew through the air and stopped right in front of Zéowyn, unable to move. ”Congratulations, you found me at last” Zéowyn said with fierce aggression in her voice. ”Release me witch!” said the orc as he tried to move without luck. ”Your master will never get my powers. I’ll die before that happens!”
"Then die!" said the fearless orc.
She felt the earth move again. More scouts were on their way no doubt. The sword was lifted from the ground and floated through the air and impaled the orc. Zéowyn looked to the beast that was struggling to break free. With a quick spell she crushed the beast and in a blink of an eye she was gone.

In her cottage Zéowyn grabbed her books and herbs, quickly stuffed it in her pouch and opened the door ready to make a run for it. She was startled when she saw her old master staring into her eyes. The cottage was surrounded by orcs. Crale started laughing and said ”I have been looking forward to this for many years, my dear student. Did you really think you could hide from me?”. ”You will never get me alive!” she screamed and shut the door. Her former master ordered the orcs to attack and they charged towards the cottage. The ground shook and the noise from the heavy armoured orcs deafened everything else. Just when the orcs reached the cottage it exploded in a huge inferno consuming everyone in the area. After a few minutes the smoke cleared and all that was left in the area was the ashes of the orc warriors, the cottage and the ashes of Crale. Her books and scrolls were destroyed but there were no signs of her body anywhere. Amazingly enough the animals, the trees, the grass, everything else that was hit by the inferno had not been damaged, not even the slightest.

A loud noise came from above. Solinester looked up and saw a huge bird seeking his attention. Solinester believed that the bird wanted him to follow it and he did. The bird lead him straight to Zéowyns old cottage and as he arrived, strange whispers filled his head. At first he couldn't make out what they said, but eventually it became clear; "Stay and wait for others to come" the voice whispered to him. At first Solinester hesitated, he wanted to leave. But the whispers continued and he found the voice calming and decided to set up camp for the night at least.

Three hours passed before anything happened. In the distance Solinester could see a human coming closer to his camp. To his surprise it was his good friend Lozareth that had come to the same place. "I thought you were busy working in Stormwind" Solinester said as his face started glowing happily. "I was, but a voice guided me here. I don't know why I listened but... I felt the urge to investigate", Lozareth said. "Well, let us wait and see if others will show" Solinester said and went to feed his pet.

A brief moment after a young draenei death knight showed up at the camp. To her a voice whispered "serve me and I shall grant you the strenght to defeat your enemies". She looked at Lozareth and Solinester and quickly said "I'm Dagoria... Do you two... Uhm... Do you hear the voice too?" They both smiled and noded. They all introduced themselves and started talking about their experiences with this mysterious voice. It wasn't until nightfall that a warlock showed up at the camp. He glared at the three soldiers sitting by the campfire. He looked up and shaked his head in disbelief and mumbled something. Solinester asked him "So, who are you and what is your business here?". He replied "I am Lethorius and I am here for the same reason as you three." "And why are we here then?" Lozareth asked? "We are here because Zéowyn wants us to be here. This is where she died and thus this is where we can hear her the best. She is in the Shadow world, I have seen her! Can't you feel her aura in this place?" Lethorius paused and looked at the three. They all stared right back at him and he sensed that they knew he was telling the truth. Lethorius continued "She wants us to create an army that will serve her and us. She will get her vengeance and we will defeat the hordes, once and for all! We are all warriors with different skills, together we make a powerful unit. With an army and her guidance we will be unstoppable!"
Lethorius
Lethorius
Admin

https://tle-db.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down